The Central Bank of China has published the white paper of the national digital currency, digital yuan, in English. It contains its technical characteristics and more relevant information.
Foreign tourists will be able to use the digital yuan without opening accounts at Chinese banks. It is stated in the white paper of the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) that was first published by the People’s Bank of China.
According to the document, the digital yuan will receive support for smart contracts. It will allow payments to be made by predefined terms or agreements made between the two parties. The timing of the digital yuan project is still unknown.
A smart contract is an algorithm used in the blockchain to form, control, and provide information about the ownership of… anything.
The document describes the history of the creation of the digital yuan since 2014, which is contrasted with China’s response to the risks and challenges posed by decentralized cryptocurrencies.
As noted in the Central Bank of China: “Cryptocurrencies are mainly speculative instruments and therefore pose a potential threat to financial security and social stability.”
We want to remind you that in mid-June, Beijing residents could convert the digital yuan into cash. The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) has allowed CBDCs to be cashed at more than 3,000 ATMs in the Chinese capital. Before this, the owners of the digital yuan could only use it in retail outlets that participate in the currency testing project.
Want to try trading on LATOKEN? Then follow the link below:START TRADING
- Ranked #2 worldwide in the startup tokens primary market with 220+ IEO’s since 2017.
- Has over 2 mln registered users, over 1 mln Android app installs.
- Is in the TOP 10 of CoinGecko rank by the amount of token pairs and coins listed.
- VCTV, a live streaming panel with high-profile industry leaders, produced over 500 shows to advise traders and investors how to navigate the crypto world with discussions, news updates, and interviews.
- Advisory Board includes former CFOs from JP Morgan and Paypal.
Follow LATOKEN on social media to keep up with the latest news, and more!👇
LATOKEN crypto exchange does not provide any investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. This article is written for informational purposes only. Like other assets, cryptocurrency is subject to market risk. Please do your own research and trade with caution.