According to Steven Mnuchin, who has repeatedly criticized digital assets, buying bitcoin and other crypto is as normal as buying gold or other assets.
Former US Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin, in an interview with CNBC, called buying bitcoin a normal phenomenon since cryptocurrency is no different from gold or other assets. The ex-official noted that he changed his attitude towards digital assets after leaving the American government, but he does not plan to invest in crypto yet.
Also, according to the ex-minister, most cryptocurrencies should be in a “regulated environment.”
In 2019, Mnuchin said that he did not believe in the long-term prospects of bitcoin. In 2020, he called cryptocurrencies a threat to US national security.
On July 13, legendary investor Bill Miller named Bitcoin as the best asset to protect against inflation. Miller explained that the leading cryptocurrency emerged in response to the 2008 crisis to be free from government control and manipulation.START TRADING
- Ranked #2 worldwide in the startup tokens primary market with 220+ IEO’s since 2017.
- Has over 2 mln registered users, over 1 mln Android app installs.
- Is in the TOP 10 of CoinGecko rank by the amount of token pairs and coins listed.
- VCTV, a live streaming panel with high-profile industry leaders, produced over 500 shows to advise traders and investors how to navigate the crypto world with discussions, news updates, and interviews.
- Advisory Board includes former CFOs from JP Morgan and Paypal.
Follow LATOKEN on social media to keep up with the latest news, and more!👇
LATOKEN crypto exchange does not provide any investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. This article is written for informational purposes only. Like other assets, cryptocurrency is subject to market risk. Please do your own research and trade with caution.