WhatsApp has launched a pilot project that enables a limited number of people in the United States to send and receive funds via cryptocurrency right while using the app.
A limited number of users of the WhatsApp messenger in the United States were able to make instant transfers in cryptocurrency right inside the application. To do this, the messenger entered into a partnership with the Novi payment service, said the head of Novi, Stephane Kasriel, on his Twitter account.
Novi is a digital wallet from Meta Corporation (formerly Facebook) launched in a pilot mode six months ago. It supports the US dollar-backed stablecoin Pax Dollar (USDP) issued by Paxos.
The wallet website says that payments work the same way as sending any other attachment on WhatsApp. To access this feature, you must click on the attach icon on Android or the plus icon on iOS and then select the Payment button.
For years, the idea that publicly traded corporations could buy Bitcoins for their reserves was considered ludicrous. However, now everything has changed dramatically. A growing number of institutional investors are piling into Bitcoin and other cryptos, and more big companies are moving into the cryptocurrency and blockchain space, and this cannot but inspire.
- Ranked #2 worldwide in the startup tokens primary market with 220+ IEO’s since 2017.
- Has over 2 mln registered users, over 1 mln Android app installs.
- Is in the TOP 10 of CoinGecko rank by the amount of token pairs and coins listed.
- VCTV, a live streaming panel with high-profile industry leaders, produced over 500 shows to advise traders and investors how to navigate the crypto world with discussions, news updates, and interviews.
- Advisory Board includes former CFOs from JP Morgan and Paypal.
Follow LATOKEN on social media to keep up with the latest news, and more!👇
LATOKEN crypto exchange does not provide any investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. This article is written for informational purposes only. Like other assets, cryptocurrency is subject to market risk. Please do your own research and trade with caution.