The financial statements published by Tesla in regards to its Q4 2021 performance indicated that the firm’s BTC position had remained the same, worth approximately $1.26 billion.
- It was roughly a year ago when Tesla filed a Form 10-K with the SEC, which revealed that it had purchased $1.5 billion worth of BTC. Moreover, the EV giant also started accepting the cryptocurrency for its products.
- This has an immediate positive effect on the asset’s price. However, the tides turned a few months down the road when the company’s CEO – Elon Musk – said the firm will stop accepting BTC due to environmental issues.
- Additionally, Tesla sold 10% of its bitcoin stash to test the liquidity, at least according to Musk.
- Since then, though, the company has refrained from buying and selling more of the asset while dabbling with the idea of resuming BTC payments at some point.
- The latest financial statements published Wednesday revealed that the company still held around $1.26 billion at the end of December 2021.